• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Favorite Bible verses

Ephesians 6 reminds us we can do nothing without God:

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Mark 7:20 And He was saying, “That which proceeds out of the man, that is what defiles the man. 21For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, sexual immoralities, thefts, murders, adulteries, 22coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, and foolishness. 23All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man.”

Psalm 50:21 You thought that I was just like you; I will reprove you and state the case in order before your eyes. 22 “Now consider this, you who forget God, Lest I tear you in pieces, and there will be none to deliver. 23 He who offers a sacrifice of thanksgiving glorifies Me; And he who orders his way, I shall show the salvation of God.”

Romans 8:8 Those who are in the flesh are not able to please God. 9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. 10But if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Romans 2: God will render each man according to his works: for those who in patient well-doing seek glory, honor, and immortality, eternal life.
Romans is too good of a book to just quote one verse. I often want to share a bigger section but have to catch myself and share just enough.

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. 10For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. 11And not only this, but we also boast in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

James 4:4 You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore, whoever wishes to be a friend of the world sets himself as an enemy of God. 5Or do you think that the Scripture speaks to no purpose: “He jealously desires the Spirit which He has made to dwell in us”? 6But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, “GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE.” 7Be subject therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9Be miserable and mourn and cry. Let your laughter be turned into mourning and your joy to gloom. 10Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you.

I have been intrigued lately by the eternal battle, the king of light vs the king of lies.

I started to appreciate this prayer more:

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Especially the last sentence.

Cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.

When I see girls seduced to kill their own babies in their womb, when i see people killing themselves (Euthanasia they call it), when I see a large majority feeling completely useless in their jobs, a school system spreading lies, denying God.

I think we can say: Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world are seeking the ruin of souls.

I received the grace of faith as many have here, and then this eternal battle becomes clearer and clearer.

The real battle is about our souls. The real currency.

Let's just pray for those the tentacles of Satan.

John 1:17
For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

John 3:12
If I have told you earthly things and ye believe not, how shall ye believe if I tell you of heavenly things?

Exodus 3:12
And He said, “Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee that I have sent thee: when thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.”

I already quoted Matthew 7:15 on the first page of this thread but actually, the section before it is very insightful as well :

Matthew 7:1-14

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

“Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

James 4:13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit.” 14Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. 15Instead, you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that.” 16But as it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. 17Therefore, to one who knows to do the right thing and does not do it, to him it is sin.

James 4:13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit.” 14Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. 15Instead, you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that.” 16But as it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. 17Therefore, to one who knows to do the right thing and does not do it, to him it is sin.
Pretty much all of the Epistle of James is pure gold.

I found this recently. I used to wonder if respect should be earned or freely given.

1 Peter 2:17
17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

9 So I became great and advanced beyond all before me in Jerusalem; my wisdom established me. 10 Whatever my eyes desired, I did not keep from them. I did not withhold my heart from any merriment. For my heart was made glad in all my labor, And this was my portion from all my labor. 11 Then I looked on all the works my hands had done And on the labor in which I had toiled, And indeed all is vanity And is the choice of one's spirit. There was no profit under the sun.
-Ecclesiastes 2:9-11

Back